A gastric balloon is an inflated reservoir filled with fluid, that is momentarily placed in the stomach. It restricts the amount of liquids or food the paunch can hold, while still procuring patients with a feeling of fullness. Regularly, a classic balloon is used for patients with BMI of over 27. So, further weight increase and possible illnesses, can be prohibited.
A gastric balloon can help you lose 10 to 30 kg. One gastric balloon can be stay in the stomach for 6-12 months. No operation is necessary for this method of weight loss. It is entered and removed via gastroscopy (through the mouth and oesophagus into the tum).
Advantages of Gastric Balloons
Intragastric stomach balloons may be evaluated a middle option between medications and surgery. They provide the following benefits:
- No need to use medications permanently,
- No need surgical approach,
- Affrordable than surgical treatments,
- Materials are temporary used and procedures are repealable,
- Available to candidates who may not be suitable for surgical weight loss treatments.